Thursday 19 February 2009

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre


I don’t like very much horror film in general, in fact I haven’t seen many films of this genre. The last Horror that I have seen is “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” (non aprite quella porta ): it’s about a group of students that are crossing road in Texas. After a series of woes they run up against with a family of cannibals led by the crazy Leatherface, who will turn their trip into a nightmare. I don’t think that it is really scary, I prefer not to call it “fear” , but rather I think that it is a horrific and macabre film! This because, in my personal opinion, there isn’t “suspense” for the reason that it’s very predictable and there is too much noise because of chainsaws turned on all the time, so there isn’t any kind of tension.
Ultimately, I think that this film is too little original, based only on violent scenes and not on genuine fear.

No comments: